The past few weeks have been a crazy whirlwind for Alex. He is a Staff Sergeant in the Air Force, but has recently been promoted at work to the job of a Master Sergeant, which is two ranks ahead of what he is. This makes him in charge of every phone here on base. So he is extra busy. This is good for his career, however we don't see any extra money for this new assignment. Alex has been serving in our ward as the Sunday School President since January. He claims this is the easiest job ever. He has one meeting a month and on Sunday's just needs to make sure that all his classes have a teacher. However this past summer we have had an incredible amount of families move out of the ward with none moving in,which is really strange for a military ward. So two weeks ago Alex got a call from the Stake President and was called as the new Elder's Quorum President! He has been quite overwhelmed, with taking on this new responsibility plus all he does at work. I know he will do a awesome job and that the Lord will guide him. I just like to give him a hard time for being the president of two callings at church. Maybe someday they can find someone to take over Sunday School for him, but for now he is on double duty! Good Luck Alex!!!
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Wow-- I was wondering why Alex's facebook status was listed as "overwhelmed." Sounds like he has a lot on his plate! But he'll do great at all those things. The ward is blessed to have him as Elder's Quorum Pres. And he's blessed to have a supportive family!
Take care!
Laurie
I hear that! We have alot of older people in our ward that have decided they're "done" with callings so there are many of us serving multiple callings. I've currently holding down three under my hat of primary 1st counselor. But if anyone can pull it off Alex can. Way to serve President Mason!
Wow you guys are super busy. Looks like you guys need a vacation and come to Saint George!!
Congratulations Alex! I'm glad you have a great wife to support you!!
Ha! Conrats! (I do mean rats)! I'm just bummed I won't be privvy to the "hobby" we learned about while you were here last. Call me sometime!
Post a Comment