Last night I was getting dinner ready for the kids when Berlyn came in and offered to help me peel the carrots. She got working hard and filled the sink with the peelings. She asked me to turn on the garbage disposal and the preceeded to ask me what would happen if your fingers got down in there. I told her that your finger woule get cut off. She asked what would happen after that and I told her that you just wouldn't have a finger! She said that we could go to the hospital and get a fake one. I started to laugh and said you want to go get a fake finger? I asked her if she knew anyone with a fake finger and she said no but she knew someone with a fake eye. I said who? Her answer was "Dad!" I started to laugh like crazy!!! She claims that her cousin Ashley told her that her Dad has a fake eye and that her Aunt Chardell told Ashley that. I thought it was pretty funny! Alex does have a pretty nasty scar from when he poked his eye out with a wooden spoon when he was two, but his eye is real. He actually has better eye sight than me. Anyway, I am glad that Berlyn is here to keep me laughing!
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
That is so cute. It is always nice to have someone around to keep you happy and kids are the best at that.
What! Haha! I have to ask Ashley about that. Too funny.
Ashley denies it. Hehe. Maybe the whole spoon in the eye story was miscontrued.
Soryn wrote in her story book at school that "my dad works hard but he messes up sometimes". I asked her why she said that and she told me that she hears dad say "dang-it" a lot. Poor dads- fake eyes, incompetent, what else?
oh how cute. What a funny girl you have there!
Post a Comment