Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Uvula aka "doohickey"!

So I figure that if blogging is like a journal, then I have the right to do a little complaining! Sunday should be the most blessed day of the week. No worries, everything should just go so smoothly. However, I think that Sunday is my most stressing day of the week. For starters, my kids get so bored because they aren't allowed to play outside. And they get so stinkin loud!!! And then we don't have church until 1:00, right during nap time, and the mornings can last forever with my house being torn apart! So then we make it to church and I live through Sacrament meeting as I shuffle 4 kids around and finally end up sending the baby to the row behind us! THank goodness for teenage girls! Then we head to primary. Some say I have the easiest calling in the world. Primary music leader. I beg to differ. I have to think of something new to do every week and I usually have to think of something different for the younger and older kids. This wouldn't be so bad if the kids actually sang and participated. Some weeks they are so good, and other weeks they are rotten!!! I come home so frustrated have the time. So last Sunday, I came home with a headache the size of China, and it was only getting worse as my kids were begging for food. And since Alex is gone, I don't do much cooking, so their options were thin. Well I finally downed some tylenol and then realize that my throat is hurting. So I decide that I sang too much and it is just having a reaction. So I finally make it to bed somehow, and the house is still a reck!
I wake up Monday morning feeling like a truck had ran over my whole head! My throat was so sore!!! I have never had a "true" sore throat in my whole life. So I grab the handy flashlight and take a look and my "doohicky" is three times the normal size and is resting on my tongue! I realize that when I talk it makes me gag, and swallowing is out of the question! I am miserable and my neck is sore because my glands are so swollen and my head hurts and my ears hurt! So I try to put on the happy Mommy face!!! It works until around 4:00 that afternoon. After not being able to talk normally, Andy not taking a nap, and the kids bored out of the mind, I have had it. I am losing it, and my symptoms are getting worse. So I keep wishing my husband would walk through the front door and take care of me, but he never comes! He does call and says how sorry he is, but it just makes me more sad and miss him more. I wanted Alex to come home so bad it was driving me crazy!!! I don't know if I have missed him this much since he has been gone! When you are sick you just need someone to take care of you and I needed him. So I finally got the kids to bed, and won the Worst Mother of the Day Award while I was at it. I was left with Macady who normally goes to bed around 10:00 but she decided she wanted to stay up talking until 11:00!!! Little Stinker! I finally get upstairs and say a prayer that I will be feeling better tomorrow and ask for help to be a nicer mom tomorrow as well. We will see what tomorrow brings!

2 comments:

Mrs T said...

I am so glad someone else has a Sunday like we have! That is so Awesome! Not really but just knowing that I am not the only one going through trials especially on the Sabbath is great. T is also missing his nap at 1:00 and so Sacrament isn't the best for us either. The boredom sets in the morning and finishes later that night when I put the kids to sleep. (Which T always goes to bed at 7 because he never got a nap-remember the blessins!:)
Love you blog!
Lauri

Chardell said...

omigosh! You poor thing. That post made me cry. I wish I could have been there for you. Primary music leader is NOT easy. In fact I was telling someone the other day that I thought it was one of the most difficult callings. You're amazing!