This election has been so hard on me, not just because it determined the future President of this great country but it also determines who my new Commander in Chief is and therefore all decisions made by him effect my family and myself in so many ways.
When Obama was elected to office I was physically sick for about two weeks, however last night as I prayed I felt a strong feeling in my heart as if the Lord himself was telling me. “Don’t you know who runs this country? Don’t you trust me?” After that feeling all my fears left me, and were replaced by the gratitude of my Savior the Great Leader of all things. I then reflected on the Constitution the very document that I believed would be at risk with the outcome of this election, and how much I love that inspired document. It is for that document that I joined the military.
All my bitter feelings that I had for Obama during the election are gone now. I now pray for our President Elect and hope that he will follow the spirit in leading this country. I might not ever agree with his policies, or his choices but I will always respect the office as President of the United States of America, as long as our constitution stands I will defend and up hold it as well as its President. After all, I have faith in what this country was founded upon and my Savior Jesus Christ who truly leads it. May our Heavenly Father continue to guide and protect this Country and all its leaders.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Alex’s Thoughts on the President Elect
Posted by Adrienne Mason at 8:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Thank you for sharing that. You have really helped alleviate some of the fears that I've been having. I really appreciate your insight, Alex. Thank you for all that you do for our country. Much love to you guys!
Jamie
That is an awesome preception of the future and the president elect. I was sick too, but then I thought that Heavenly Father wouldn't allow Obama to be President unless there was a reason. Now I feel better about our future.
Very insightful. I was just thinking this morning about how this promised land still parallels all the scripture stories. Not everyone that inhabits the land is blessed but it is blessed for the sake of the righteous no matter who is President. Who knows what's really in our President Elect's heart. He could prove to be an amazing president. I'm always excited to see what the future will bring.
Amen, Alex. I do think it's funny how many people have been phyically ill over the election, though. It seems to be a general theme. ;)
We completely agree - jeremy also said to me - We must always remember who is in charge and that he knows the end from the beginning.
That was an awesome insight!-- Gave me cold chills... :)
So, I got your package! Thank you so so so so (a hundred times more) much!! You are awesome and such a big help! I think I definately owe you more than a couple of Hershey's next time I see you...
Thanks again!!
Nikki told me about your blog comment and I had to read it myself. Thank you for your insight. It really put me at ease, too! Hope all is well with your family.
I understand and share your concerns with the soon to be new leadership of our nation, but I left my worries at the door a while before the election as I had decided Obama was going to win in november ever since he was nominated; not because Obama is such a good politician (all negative connotations implied), but because McCain was such a week candidate with a poor campaign strategy and a bad record amoung highly "conservative" republicans and voters.
- http://blog.spaldam.com/2008/10/who-will-i-vote-for.html
- spaldam.com
Post a Comment