At 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, the National Anthem plays on base to signify the end of the day. Our children have been taught that you stop whatever you are doing and you face the music with your hand over your heart and you don't move until it is over. Today we were at the park playing when the music started. As we stood there and listened, I was over come with the spirit and had tears in my eyes with how important that song is. Our country is struggling, and we don't know what the future will bring. But, it is still our Country and we need to give it the respect it deserves. I am proud to be an American and I am proud to be the wife of a Military member. Who knows what the coming years will bring, but I know that if we do what is right and stay close to our Heavenly Father we will be protected from whatever comes our way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Amen! I'd like to have that experience in my life every day.
I agree with you. What a privilege to live here and we should respect the lives that have been lost defended our country. I think that is neat to be reminded daily of the sacrifice and the freedom.
I feel the same thing each day. It is so neat to see your kids doing the right things also. It makes you feel like you have done something right as a parent.
That sounds like a great experience. Now if all America did that everyday, I think we would probably be in a better position then we are now. I also love how we were taught about Heavenly Father and no matter how hard times will get in this world we know that he is there for comfort. Okay I can't believe I just rambled like that. Love the post.
Wow. I would love that. We should do that everywhere and not just on military bases. That's so cool.
I wish I could hear it more often, but us civilians don't get the chance very often any more... It's sad, really...
- spaldam.com
Post a Comment