Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Smoke Detector

Why is it that when the batteries on the smoke detector decide to start dying it is always in the middle of the night? So you are all dead asleep (ok everyone except me because I am being the middle of the night milking machine), and the beeping sound starts. I hear Andy start yelling for me, so I lay Macady down and go to his room. He wants to know what is that, and I tell him it is just beeping and Dad will fix it tomorrow. I leave his room and head to the bathroom, not because I am pregnant and need to go, but because I am up two to three times a night being the milking machine and it always makes me need to use the bathroom. All of a sudden Andy starts screaming at the top of his lungs. I hear Alex jump up from bed and run down the hall so Andy can yell "What is that?" So it is three in the morning, and Alex is now attempting to change the stupid battery. However, these particular smoke detectors will only accpet a duracell battery, and since it is the middle of the night Alex can't find that particular kind of battery. So twenty minutes later he come crawling back to bed all the while cussing our duracel and the smoke detector company for teaming up together to try and make our lives as complicated as possible!

7 comments:

LaurieSue said...

Lol-- it's so funny that you are bringing this up, because I was just thinking the same thing last week when I heard beeping in the middle of the night. It drove me completely crazy.

Nik said...

We always have the one on the vaulted ceiling beep- randomly. I think it is the home builder's own private joke. I mean, who really has a ladder that tall just lying around?

Jeremy and Sherri said...

That was so funny!!!! Thanks for the good laugh - especially since that almost exact scinerio has happened to us too.

Chardell said...

Haha! It is always in the middle of the night. That happened to me last month when Rob was out of town. Of course when you're half asleep searching for a beeping your mind conjures up all kinds of things it could be.

Chardell said...

Oh and are you saying the night bathroom break "isn't because I'm pregnant" because you're NOT pregnant or because the pregnancy isn't causing it. :)

Amber said...

That is too funny! I can't believe you still have to get up to feed in the night i hope i don't.

stephanie said...

LOL!LOL! That same thing happened to us not to long ago. I was up all night feeding and hearing beep.......beep........beeep! Ugh! Oh well your not geting a good nights rest anyways :) What we would give for a peaceful sleep