Friday, August 22, 2008

Life

So I have sent my two oldest children off to school and I thought that life would be great. I was imagining all this free time to myself and all that I could get done. Well, I must have been in lala land when I dreamed this. I have forgotton how much time a 2 year old demands. I never knew how much Berlyn and Wes entertained Andy. He has been so lonely without them. And so I guess I am his entertainment! He follows me everywhere and does everything I do. It is really cute, but at the same time kind of annoying. I can't even take a shower by myself. And now he has to blowdry his hair with me. Anyway, life is still great, my house will probably never be totally organized, but at least my kids will know that I played with them and we did stuff together. Berlyn and Wes have completed two weeks of school already and both are loving it. Wes is so excited every morning to go back. Andy is crazy, but the cutest kid. He keeps me on my toes and has decided that "Why Mama?" is a wonderful thing to say. Macady hasn't slept for three nights and I got a good look in her mouth today and she is cutting three top teeth. She can't breath out of her nose and has a slight fever, but she is still a happy baby. My wonderful husband and I get to go on a date tonight thanks to some friends in the ward that we are doing a babysitting swap with. So life is great and I think that the craziness makes it even better!

2 comments:

stephanie said...

We are gonna be doing the same thing next week. Playin 2 yr. old stuff all darn day!!! My kids go to school and I know taylor will be so bored!! Hope all is well with you guys!

Annette said...

I know you've heard this more than you want to, but enjoy this time of life!!! It goes by way to fast and before you know it that cute litte Andrew will be somewhere in the world on a mission and you will be at home, wondering where all the time went! It seems like literally yesterday that Sam was screaming as he went off to 1st grade and clinging to my leg, begging me to let him stay at home with me because he didn't know who was going to take care of me!! Now he's all grown up and there are days I wish I could clean up the family room in the morning from him watching TV, eating and sleeping there the night before!! I know it's physically exhausting, but this too shall pass!! Pretty soon it will be mentally exhausting! Hang in there Adrienne! You're such a good mom!
(Sorry, Adrienne! That comment sounded like I was lecturing you! I know you really weren't complaining! I was just reliving those days in my mind as you were describing them and I was missing Sam!!! Time goes by much too quickly!)