Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Utah Here We Come!!!

We headed up to Utah the last week of July for our annual vacation. When you live out of state and you want to see family, then your vacations consist of going to Utah. One of these days we will make it to Disneyland! We had a really good time seeing family. My little brother Jake and his wife Amber just had a baby boy at the end of June, so we got to meet him (Michael) and be there for his blessing. My older brother and his family drove from Wisconsin. So I can't complain about my 13 hour drive seeing as theirs was 22 hours. It was so good to see them and to have our kids get to know each other better. My older sister Allison was gracious enough to let my family stay in their fifth-wheel trailer. So we had a little bit of privacy. The older kids slept in the house with all the other cousins, and we had the little ones with us in the trailer. Macady decided that she didn't want to sleep anymore and was up almost every two hours while we were there. Alex thinks she could smell me! I think she was just a confused little girl who didn't know what the heck was going on. But she was a real trooper and did great especially driving! We were able to see all our parents and grandparents and siblings which was fun. It was a good vacation, but I was ready to be home and back to our own life. Here are a couple of pictures of the good times!Who had the smart idea to let two 7 year olds on a ATV by themselves? Here is Berlyn driving her cousin Amy around in Amy's backyard.
The family standing outside the Draper Temple. Alex's dad and step-mom bought a house a couple of years ago and it is in the subdivision right across the street from the temple. They are very excited for it to be done.
Here is Alex, Berlyn and Wes on the ATV's. Alex took them around the neighborhood but then decided to stay in the yard so he wouldn't get a ticket.
Wesley standing for a pose with the Hoover Damn. I decided to teach Andy to say "Grandma, the Damn Wall!" So he has been walking around saying "Damn Wall!" I think it is pretty funny, especially when he gets mad at the wall and says it!
This is Macady with Great-Grandma Hancock. She is Alex's grandma and the mother of 14 children and way too many grandchildren and great-grandchildren to count!
Outside the Las Vegas temple on a very windy morning.
Nothing like a good old pillowcase race with the cousins!!
Ready Set GO!!!!!
We took the new Bullet Train as the kids called it into Salt Lake and met Alex's sister at the Gateway for some fun in the water. The kids loved the train, but I am glad we only took it once. it took an hour and a half from Roy to Salt Lake and then 45 minutes to get home. But it was for the kids!!!

4 comments:

Chardell said...

I was dying laughing when I saw that you actually spelled Hoover Dam like the expletive. Haha! You are too funny.

Doug & Angie Gray said...

It looks like you had fun. It is so wierd how much life changes. It sounds like your whole family is spread out I just still think of you in the house by us. Now we are all grown with families of our own.

Jess and Jer said...

Hey Adrienne, I just found your blog, so how are you guys? It's been so long since we have seen you. I saw you are in Arizona, sounds like fun.

The Sainsbury Family said...

I'm sad we weren't able to see each other again. It looks like you had a lot of fun. I agree with Angie's comment..sometimes when I am at my Dad's house I look at your old house waiting for you to come out and play. Okay not really, but I really do miss playing with you.